Scholarship Application Process
Phoenix Union Foundation for Education Scholarship
Applications must be received by Friday, April 3, 2015
The Foundation Scholarship fund was established to provide college scholarships to students of the Phoenix Union High School District who are pursuing a post-secondary education. ALL 2015 GRADUATING juniors and seniors from a Phoenix Union high school who will be attending an Arizona post-secondary school (university, community college, or trade school in Arizona) in the Fall of 2015 and Spring of 2016 are eligible to apply for these scholarships. If you are selected for a scholarship you will be notified in May and the award will be released to the scholarship office of your college.
What is the Foundation?
The Phoenix Union Foundation for Education was founded in 1984 to enhance cooperation and collaboration between the Phoenix business community and the Phoenix Union High School District. The Foundation’s goals support the strategic plan of the Phoenix Union High School District and include:
• Support pathways to success in college, career and life
• Provide support for district-wide, college-going student programs and college scholarships
Phoenix Union FOUNDATION SCHOLARS ($40,000 Available)
The Foundation Scholars are supported by the Phoenix Union Foundation Scholarship Dinner and the Phoenix Union Foundation Scholarship Open Golf Tournament. These signature fundraising events are coordinated by the Phoenix Union Foundation for Education Board Members to raise scholarship dollars for the Phoenix Union High School students and support college going programs for Phoenix Union High School District.
Foundation Scholars ($40,000)
5 - $8,000 Scholarships (renewable at $2,000 each year)
Phoenix Union Foundation INVEST IN THE BEST SCHOLARS ($10,000 Available)
The Invest in the Best Scholars are supported through donations by staff of the Phoenix Union High School District to help achieve the mission of “Preparing every student for success in college, career and life." District staff are directly responsible through their generosity for these scholarship funds.
Invest in the Best Scholars ($10,000)
10 - $1,000 Scholarships
Phoenix Union Foundation GIVING BACK PAYS FORWARD SCHOLARS
(Up to $18,000 Available - scholarship awards will vary in the amount given and number of awards)
The Giving Back Pays Forward scholars are supported by community, business and PUHSD staff, family and friends to recognize loved ones, support students, and give back to their community. The concept of “giving back pays forward” is supported by these donors and is the message that they want to pass on to the Phoenix Union Foundation student scholars.
K. Bach Scholarship
Betty Fairfax High School Scholarship
BlueCross BlueShield of Arizona Scholarship
Carl Hayden Community High School Scholarship
Gabriel Villa Memorial Scholarship
Hillyard, Inc. Scholarship
McCarthy Building Scholarship
Phoenix Union Black Alliance / Shamsid Deen Scholarship
Ramsey / Hamilton Scholarship
Norma Tisdel Memorial Scholarship
APPLICATION CHECKLIST: These are items you will need to have ready in order to complete your application.
• Application (Downloadable once you hit "Apply Online Here" button below)
• One Letter of Recommendation - From a person who can attest to your potential and desire to succeed in college. (A non-family member such as a teacher, mentor, coach, co-worker, boss, etc.)
• Student Personal Statement - A one to two-page typed statement about your education and career goals, your community and school involvement, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals. Include information about special circumstances that you have overcome in achieving your education. (Please be detailed, as this essay is heavily weighted during the selection.)
• Current GPA
• Class Rank (example 50/500 - 50 out of 500)
Ready to Apply?
If you have questions please contact Michelle Alcantar at 602-509-1991 or email