The Foundation Scholarship fund was established to provide college scholarships to students of the Phoenix Union High School District who are pursuing a post-secondary education. ALL STUDENTS GRADUATING IN MAY, 2018 from a Phoenix Union high school who will be attending an Arizona post-secondary school (university, community college, or trade school in Arizona) in the Fall of 2018 and Spring of 2019 are eligible to apply for these scholarships. If you are selected for a scholarship you will be notified in May and the award will be released to the scholarship office of your college.
What is the Foundation?
The Phoenix Union Foundation for Education was founded in 1984 to enhance cooperation and collaboration between the
Phoenix business community and the Phoenix Union High School District. The Foundation’s goals support the strategic plan of the Phoenix Union High School District and include:
• Support pathways to success in college, career and life
• Provide support for district-wide, college-going student programs and college scholarships
*Dollar amount and number of each scholarship awarded varies from year to year.
Phoenix Union FOUNDATION SCHOLARS ($40,000 Available)
The Foundation Scholars are supported by the Phoenix Union Foundation Scholarship Dinner and the Phoenix Union
Foundation Scholarship Open Golf Tournament. These signature fundraising events are coordinated by the Phoenix Union
Foundation for Education Board Members to raise scholarship dollars for the Phoenix Union High School students and support college going programs for Phoenix Union High School District.
Foundation Scholars ($48,000)
5 – $8,000 Scholarships (renewable at $2,000 each year)
Phoenix Union Foundation INVEST IN THE BEST SCHOLARS ($18,000 Available)
The Invest in the Best Scholars are supported through donations by staff of the Phoenix Union High School District to help
achieve the mission of “Preparing every student for success in college, career and life.” District staff are directly responsible
through their generosity for these scholarship funds.
Invest in the Best Scholars ($10,000)
10 – $1,000 Scholarships
Phoenix Union Foundation GIVING BACK PAYS FORWARD SCHOLARS
(Up to $35,000 Available – scholarship awards will vary in the amount given and number of awards)
The Giving Back Pays Forward scholars are supported by community, business and PUHSD staff, family and friends to
recognize loved ones, support students, and give back to their community. The concept of “giving back pays forward” is
supported by these donors and is the message that they want to pass on to the Phoenix Union Foundation student scholars.
American Education Development Organization, Inc.
Betty Fairfax High School Scholarship
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Scholarship
Dr. Deedee Falls Bioscience
Gabriel Villa Memorial Scholarship
John Lindsay Memorial Scholarship
Land Advisors Scholarship
Phoenix Union Black Alliance/Shamsid Deen Scholarship
Sports Hall of Fame Scholarship Suntec Concrete Scholarship
2018-2019 Scholarship Applications – Deadline January 31, 2018
In your account, please be sure to provide the following:
- –Profile (account) created filled out completely and accurately (you can verify or edit this from the drop down menu on the top right).
- ***Make sure you in your profile you check that you are/have applied for the 2018-2019 Scholarship. If this box is not checked, your name will not appear on the application roster.
- –Uploaded letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation from a person who can attest to your potential and desire to succeed in college.(A non-family member such as a teacher, mentor, coach, co-worker, boss, etc.)
- –Uploaded Personal Statement. Attach a one to two-page typed statement about your education and career goals, your community and school involvement, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals. Include information about special circumstances that you have overcome in achieving your education. (Please be detailed, as this essay is heavily weighted during the selection.)
- –Uploaded Copy of current transcripts. Official or Unofficial transcripts are ok.
All of the above information must be uploaded no later than Thursday, February 1, 2018. If you are unsure if anything uploaded properly, it is your responsibility to call and confirm.
The above 4 steps, when completed, will serve as your scholarship application. If you have questions regarding your scholarship, please email email@example.com or call the office at 480-289-5761.
February 1, 2018
AWARD NOTIFICATION DATE
FUND AVAILABILITY DATE
2018 Scholarship winners have been announced! Read the Press Release here
STRENGTHENING OUR COMMUNITY BY
INVESTING IN STUDENT SUCCESS.
The purpose of the Phoenix Union Foundation for Education is to provide post-secondary education scholarships and innovation grants for the Phoenix Union High School District via fundraising efforts, such as an annual dinner and golf tournament. The Foundation’s mission is “Strengthening Our Community by Investing in Student Success.”
The alignment of the Foundation’s mission with that of the Districts will influence college attainment metrics and student success in college, career and life.