2019-2020 Scholarship Applications – Deadline February 15th, 2019
In your account, please be sure to provide the following:
- –Profile (account) created filled out completely and accurately (you can verify or edit this from the drop down menu on the top right).
- ***Make sure you in your profile you check that you are/have applied for the 2019-2020 Scholarship. If this box is not checked, your name will not appear on the application roster.
- –Uploaded letters of recommendation (MS Word or PDF Documents ONLY). One letter of recommendation from a person who can attest to your potential and desire to succeed in college.(A non-family member such as a teacher, mentor, coach, co-worker, boss, etc.)
- –Uploaded Personal Statement (MS Word or PDF Documents ONLY). Attach a one to two-page typed statement. Please include your education and career goals, your community and school involvement, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals. Also let us know about special circumstances that you have overcome in achieving your education. (Please be detailed, as this essay is heavily weighted during the selection.)
- –Uploaded Copy of current transcripts (PDF files only). Official or Unofficial transcripts are ok.
- –Uploaded Consent to Release Records/Application Signature. This document can be found here and needs to be signed and uploaded.
All of the above information must be uploaded no later than February 15, 2019. If you are unsure if anything uploaded properly, it is your responsibility to contact us and confirm.
The above 4 steps, when completed, will serve as your scholarship application. If you have questions regarding your scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 480-289-5761.
Renewal Scholarship Criteria:
Scholarship renewals are conditional pending verification that student has maintained all criteria and are contingent on review of spring final semester grades.
All of the below information must be uploaded/updated no later than June 1st for each renewal year. If you are unsure if anything uploaded properly, it is your responsibility to contact us at email@example.com or call the office at 480-289-5761.
- Profile (account) created filled out completely and accurately Be sure to let us know:
- What college you are attending
- What your college ID is
- What your academic level will be for 2018-2019
- How many credits you have planned for the 2018-2019 school year
- If you can not get into your profile, please do not create a new one. Contact the office and we will assist you.
- Uploaded UPDATED Personal Statement.
- Uploaded Copy of current transcripts. Official or Unofficial transcripts are ok.
- Upload all volunteer hour tracking sheets
- Maintain a 2.5 or better grade point average
- Attend an Arizona university, community college or accredited vocational college (out of state with permission only)
- Completion of volunteering 15 hours with the Phoenix Union Foundation for Education or other charitable organizations as approved. We offer a variety of opportunities to volunteer and learn more about the Foundation. We have an annual Scholarship Golf Tournament, Scholarship Dinner, and Scholarship Reception as well as other opportunities to assist with general office support.* Volunteer Tracking Sheet
- Student’s unofficial transcript or semester grade report must be uploaded to your profile by January 15th and June 1st of each semester.
Alumni Award Scholarships are available to students who were awarded a one-time scholarship award from the Phoenix Union Foundation for Education. These awards will vary in amount based on the students who apply and the funds available each year.
Application Coming Soon
*All renewable scholarships require that 15 hours of volunteer work for the Phoenix Union Foundation for Education be done each school year. Volunteer work outside of the Phoenix Union Foundation for Education must be approved by committe for it to apply to your renewable scholarship criteria.
If you would like to send us a short testimonial on how the Phoenix Union Foundation for Education scholarship has impacted your college career, it would be greatly appreciated. Please click here to send your testimonial.